If you do not have time to read every piece of information about Vietnam, start your trip by 2-min surfing this. These proposed itineraries are built based on the travel experience of our editors as well as on the travelers’ superior feedback. There are lots of options that will fit your time devoted to travel and travel bucket list.
Each itinerary includes exclusively pick list of outstanding attractions. If you have any questions or need assistance with your tailor-made trip, please contact us. Browsing further in each city, province, there is also a recommended itinerary, so do not forget to check it out.
1. What are the must-visit destinations in Vietnam?
Some of the must-visit destinations in Vietnam include:
– Hanoi: Explore the bustling capital city, visit the Old Quarter, and see historical sites such as the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and Temple of Literature.
– Ha Long Bay: Take a cruise or a boat tour in this UNESCO World Heritage Site known for its stunning limestone karsts and emerald waters.
– Hoi An: Walk through the well-preserved ancient town, with its colorful lanterns, Japanese Covered Bridge, and Chinese temples.
– Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City): Experience the modern and vibrant city life, visit the Cu Chi Tunnels, and see historical landmarks like the War Remnants Museum and the Reunification Palace.
– Nha Trang: Relax on the white-sand beaches, enjoy water sports, and visit popular attractions like Vinpearl Land and Po Nagar Cham Towers.
– Da Nang: Explore the beautiful beaches, visit the Marble Mountains, and see the famous Golden Bridge.
– Sapa: Trek through the stunning terraced rice fields, meet ethnic minority groups, and hike to the peak of Fansipan, the highest mountain in Indochina.
– Hue: Discover the Imperial City, visit the royal tombs, and take a boat trip along the Perfume River.
– Mekong Delta: Explore the intricate network of rivers and canals, visit floating markets, and experience the unique rural life in Vietnam.
2. How many days should I spend in Vietnam?
The duration of your trip to Vietnam depends on the places you want to visit and the activities you plan to do. Ideally, a trip of 10-14 days would allow you to cover the major destinations and have a well-rounded experience of the country. However, if you have limited time, you can focus on specific regions or cities and still have a fulfilling visit.
3. What is the best time to visit Vietnam?
The best time to visit Vietnam is during spring (March to April) and autumn (September to November) when the weather is generally pleasant with less rainfall and lower humidity. However, Vietnam is a long and diverse country, and weather conditions can vary significantly between regions. It is advisable to research the weather patterns of the specific destinations you plan to visit to ensure the best experience.
4. What are the transportation options in Vietnam?
Transportation options in Vietnam include domestic flights, trains, buses, taxis, and motorbike rentals. Domestic flights are the fastest way to travel long distances, while trains and buses are more affordable options for shorter distances. Taxis and ride-hailing services like Grab are widely available in cities. However, note that traffic can be chaotic, particularly in major cities, and renting a motorbike can be a convenient option for short-distance travels if you are experienced in riding.
5. Is it safe to travel in Vietnam?
Vietnam is generally a safe country to travel in. However, as with any travel destination, it is important to take normal safety precautions. Be cautious of your belongings, avoid displaying expensive items, and be aware of common scams and pickpocketing in crowded areas. It is also advisable to drink bottled water and be cautious about street food hygiene to avoid foodborne illnesses.